Seven Reason Why.
- The 55 million Hispanics in the U.S. represent 17 percent of the nation’s population. They are projected to be 30 percent of the population by 2060.
- In 2015, U.S. Hispanics controlled $1.3 trillion in buying power–equal to the GDP of Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala and El Salvador combined.
- Fifty-two (52) percent of Hispanics are projected to account for more than half of all new U.S. homeowners between 2010 and 20130.
- From 2007 to 2012, Latinos launched new small businesses at a rate more than 60 times higher than that of non-Latinos.
- One in four new Toyota Corollas sold in the U.S. are bought by Hispanics.
- Hispanics own 31 percent of businesses in South Florida.
- Latina-owned businesses increases 137 percent in the last nine years, a larger rise than any other women-owned minority group in the U.S.
Source: TIME Magazine